Notice: In light of the on-going coronavirus outbreak and the evolving governmental measures taken across Europe to tackle the virus, the upcoming EnhanceMicroAlgae Manchester conference originally scheduled to take place on June 17-18, 2020 will be postponed. We expect to re-schedule the conference for September 2020 when the situation will have hopefully stabilised, allowing all attendees and participants to travel freely and safely.
We will keep you updated of the latest developments in the planning of this event, including important deadlines.
On June 17-18, 2020, the EnhanceMicroAlgae team at The University of Manchester will host the conference “Enhancing microalgae potential: From microalgal strains to products”. The conference will bring together academics and industrialists to promote knowledge transfer, discussion of research, and industrial advances within the microalgae sector via talks and poster sessions.
The event will be a platform for all attendees to present, listen, and discuss the latest trends and developments emerging from the microalgae field, and to know more about the EnhanceMicroAlgae project outputs.
EnhanceMicroAlgae would like to invite all stakeholders and academics (across all levels of research) to attend the conference and submit an abstract for participation at the event either through talk or poster presentation.
We welcome abstracts (of research and industrial nature) across different themes of microalgae biotechnology, including:
- Algal biology, biodiversity, and bioengineering.
- Design, engineering, and control of algal cultivation systems.
- Algal harvesting and extraction systems.
- Emerging technologies for biofuels and high-value products from algae.
- Algal biorefineries.
- Current market analysis and future business/opportunities identification.
- Gaps and technical barriers to the microalgae sector development.
- Legislation for food and feed and environmental issues.
- Life cycle and techno-economic analysis of algal production systems.
Abstract submission deadline and guidelines.
Authors wishing to submit an abstract should send their contributions and complete the online submission form by following/clicking this link. All authors can chose whether they wish to participate via talk or poster, but only a limited number of works will be accepted as talk presentations. Accepted authors will be notified of their selection after all submissions have been reviewed. Presenting authors must register to attend the conference for the work to be officially accepted
Note that there is no registration fee to attend the conference, but registration is required.
Abstract submission deadline: April 30th, 2020
Notification of acceptance: Mid-May, 2020
Conference registration deadline: Late May, 2020
Submitted abstracts should contain the following information:
- Abstract Title;
- Authors list: full name(s) and affiliation(s) should be provided;
- Abstract content (300 words max);
- References (if applicable) must be ordered consecutively using arabic numerals.
For guidance, find a template here