The aim of this book is to provide the reader with a text that explains how to optimise the commercial production of microalgal biomass.
The target audience for this work includes:
- Undergraduate and postgraduate students of biology, process biotechnology and chemical engineering.
- Engineers engaging in the design and optimisation of microalgal bioreactors.
- Aquaculturists wishing to develop integrated platforms for the growth of shell or fin fish.
- Pharmacologists and nutritionists exploring the commercial potential of whole microalgal biomass or of specific biochemicals.
- Those engaged in wastewater treatment, or CO2 removal, wishing to consider deploying microalgal bioreactors.
- Venture capitalists who wish to understand more of the basics of microalgal biotechnology.
This work is associated with several free-to-end-user simulation models, accessed via url’s given in the book.